Chicken Divine starts by roasting chicken breasts with savory rosemary making your mouth water, anticipating the great final dish to come. This dish takes a while but you could easily bake the chicken breasts ahead of time.
I do not recall where I found this recipe but it’s been a family favorite for the past 20 years. Pair Chicken Divine with a green salad, crusty bread and a nice glass of while wine. Dinner is served!
3 whole chicken breasts
rosemary to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 sliced onion
1 pound fresh or frozen broccoli
3/4 cup raw rice, cooked
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup grated, sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter, add flour and stir until smooth. Cook 2 minutes. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add cheeses and seasonings.
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper. Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool. Skin, bone and slice.
- Cook broccoli in water with salt and onion. Drain.
- Layer chicken, then broccoli, then rice in buttered casserole.
- Pour cheese sauce over entire dish. Add more grated Parmesan on top if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.