Gardening is an adventure. This year, I planted several greens including Radicchio. Turns out the Radicchio was really Swiss Chard. Bonus!
Growing up our neighbor, Lucille, always made a Swiss Chard and egg dish and I so wish I had the recipe. As a substitute I found this recipe and have enjoyed several breakfasts, warming a piece in the microwave each morning.
I quickly realized that I started with too large of a pan for the frittata so transferred the cooked ingredients to my Mother’s favorite pie pan where I added the Parmesan and then broiled the frittata.
BACON SWISS CHARD FRITTATA
- 6 strips bacon, sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, wash thoroughly, stems removed, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound russet potatoes, cooked, cut in chunks
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese