Sometimes you just need a little coconut curry in your life and this recipe, with sweet potato and chick peas is delicious and so easy! My only regret is that I didn’t double the recipe and try freezing for later!
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup
- 2 15 ounce cans light coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 medium yellow onion – chopped
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes – peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper – seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder – I love Sun brand Madras curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Carefully transfer soup to a high powered blender or food processor (you may have to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your machine). Process until smooth and serve. Serves 4.
Recipe from VeggieChick.com