Cooking with Chef Lucas during the COVID lockdown and cautionary period was a bright light in during dark days. Our family came together to cook together and enjoy a wonderful meal of unique dishes. Mint and Cheese Greek Pies did not disappoint. Thanks to Chef Lucas and InVINtions for offering such a great program and helping our family create wonderful memories.
Mint and Cheese Greek Pie
- 6 to 8 z. crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten (reserve egg white, slightly beaten)
- 1 handful chopped fresh mint
- 1 package puff pastry sheets or phyllo dough (puff pastry is easier to handle)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine egg and cheese in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Depending on what size appetizer you desire, cut puff pastry into equal size pieces (use phyllo as directed on package). Place a spoonful of filling onto pastry, wet edges of pastry.
- Fold pastry and seal with tines of a fork. Cut into 12 squares.
- Place pastry onto lined baking sheet, brush with slightly beaten egg white.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Attribution Recipe from Lucas Migliorelli