During the holidays there are so many parties and potlucks and it’s fun to make something that people remember. Charlene, an AT&T co-worker, shared this recipe several years ago after she brought this to one of our office potlucks.
The first time I made it, I had the snowman standing upright. Big mistake, no one wanted to dip into it and have Mr. Snowman tumble. Give Mr. Snowman a rest on a platter and surround him with crackers. He’ll be a big hit!
SNOWMAN CHEESE DIP
1 tub whipped cream cheese
2-8 ounce bars cream cheese
4 ounces dried beef, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 tablespoon dried parsley
bunch of green onions
- Mix cream cheese bars and chopped dried beef. Add chopped green onions (white part only). Blend in garlic, horseradish and parsley.
- Form into 3 balls (small, medium and large) using waxed paper. Stack into snowman shape using a toothpick to attach. (NOTE: I lay the snowman down on the platter)
- Spread whipped cream cheese over snowman using wet knife. Garish and serve with crackers, carrots, pretzels.
- rosemary branches or broken pretzel twists for arms
- black olives cut into pieces for mouth & buttons
- tiny baby carrot for nose
- dried cranberries for halo
- piece of red pepper for heart
- green onion tops for scarf