Later in life I discovered Brussel Sprouts were actually delicious when prepared properly. This pasta recipe sounded delicious and it didn’t disappoint. Iowa Girl Eats has another winner!
Sausage Brussel Sprouts Parmesan Pasta
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti (gluten free of not
- 8oz. sweet Italian sausage
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + a few drizzles
- 9 oz. shredded brussels sprouts
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (or more or less)
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a large, 12” skillet over heat that’s just a touch above medium. Add sausage then brown, breaking it up as it cooks but taking care not to break the sausage up into too small of crumbles. Scoop sausage onto a plate then set aside.
- Drop pasta into salted, boiling water then cook until it’s just under al dente – pasta will continue to cook a little bit in the skillet later. DO NOT DRAIN PASTA WATER when pasta is done cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in the skillet then add brussels sprouts and red chili pepper flakes, season with salt and pepper, then saute until the brussels sprout are tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic then saute for 1 more minute or until very fragrant.
- Using tongs, transfer spaghetti from pot to skillet then add parmesan cheese and cooked sausage. Add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and enough pasta cooking water to help the parmesan cheese melt and evenly coat the pasta. Taste then season with salt and lots of freshly cracked black pepper, and then serve.
Recipe from IowaGirlEats