Pasta with Bacon Cream Sauce is a family favorite, one I have made for well over 30 years. When I was working and the kids were at home, this was an easy weeknight dinner that pleased everyone. Now that my daughters have families of their own, this is a favorite of the next generation. Feel free to increase the amount of bacon or cheese to your liking.
Pasta with Bacon Cream Sauce
- 1 lb. vermicelli or very thin spaghetti
- 1/4 pound bacon, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 scallions, trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ladle of pasta water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Saute bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; add butter and scallions; saute 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cream, pasta water and pepper. Hold over low heat.
- Cook and drain pasta. Add to cream mixture; toss together.
- Add all but 1 tablespoon bacon, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley, toss.
- Serve at once, garnished with bacon and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Recipe from long ago and far away…but oh, so good!