Chocolate Crinkles were a favorite cookie of my childhood. Through the years I made them for my kids as well. Now the grandkids can enjoy them and help, especially rolling the dough in the two sugars. We made our cookies bite size and they were perfect. Little bites of chocolate perfection and…bonus…dairy free!
Chocolate Crinkles (Dairy Free)
- 1 cups all-purpose flour (130 grams)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (65 grams)
- 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed (165 grams)
- ¼ cup white sugar (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil (60 milliliters)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (65 grams)
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix using your hands. At first it will seem like there isn’t enough liquids and like the mixture is dry and grainy. This is fine. Keep mixing until you see the mixture develop into dough.
- Roll the dough into about 1 inch or 2.5 centimeters size balls.
- Roll each ball first in the granulated sugar. Then roll each ball generously in powdered sugar.
- Place the balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Add more powdered sugar on top of the balls.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F or 160°C . Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Recipe from thetasteofkosher.com