Let me send a huge compliment to one of my favorite blogs, Iowa Girls Eats. Not only is she from Iowa but she eats gluten-free and has many great ideas. While browsing for egg recipes I saw that she had tried bacon egg cups and I decided to give my own version a whirl. Most of the recipes on the web show that you use a whole egg in each cup but I decided to scramble the eggs and add ingredients.
Next time, I would either cook the bacon even longer or I would precook the bacon and crumble it in the bottom of each cup. I like my bacon crispy so I’d prefer my bacon slices to be the same. You’ll also see that the bacon was not on the outside of the eggs cups since the bacon shrinks while precooking but they come out beautifully as cups just the same!
BACON EGG CUPS
6 slices of bacon
1/4 cup cheese (I used cheddar)
pinch of Herbs de Provence
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each of six muffin tins. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until almost done to your liking.
- While the baking is cooking, beat eggs and add cheese, herbs and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove muffin tins from oven and carefully pour or remove the bacon fat.
- Carefully pour egg mixture into each of the six muffin tins.
- Bake another 15+ minutes or until eggs are completely cooked through.