Never have I ever…made hot wings until now. Daughter Megan has a craving for hot wings about a year ago so I bought the fixings. Then, she was pregnant and they sounded disgusting. Now that Baby Callen has arrived, she thought they sounded better and told me of this recipe. Easy peasy and very adaptable to your heat/spice tolerance. Great treat for game day or just because…
Baked Hot Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. high temp oil (canola, avocado, etc.)
- 2-3 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes (I used a pinch)
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Frank’s hot sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the seasonings to the melted butter in a large bowl and toss all the wings until they are coated. Place a wire rack into your baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with foil to make clean up easy peasy.
- Bake for 40 minutes or so until they are brown and sizzling and crispy. (I turned up the heat to 450 degrees and baked another 5+ minutes to make extra crispy).
- Meanwhile in a large hot skillet, throw in the oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce. Stir until bubbly and glazy, around 2 minutes. Add the crispy wings and toss until totally coated. Serve with blue cheese or Ranch sauce.
Recipe slightly adapted from Jen Hatmaker Facebook post 1/23/22.