Late summer harvest is my favorite garden time. The Sungold tomatoes are at their peak, basil is plentiful, and local sweet corn is available. When I saw this recipe, I was hesitant about the apple but it adds a wonderful pop of crunchy flavor. Avocado adds a little bit of heaven in every bite. The dressing makes a large quantity. Add to the salad to taste. You may have enough dressing to make a double batch. I will be making this recipe over and over and over again.
Napa Sweet Corn Salad
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels, raw (~3 ears) (Note: I cooked the corn then cut off the cob)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 3 small or 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- For the Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey (or agave for Vegan recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Combine ingredients for the Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette in a jar or bowl then shake or whisk to combine. Taste then add up to an additional 1/2 Tablespoon honey if desired – remember that the sweet corn and apple will add natural sweetness to the salad. Set dressing aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl then drizzle over desired amount of Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from IowaGirlEats