Broccoli Salad has always been a favorite of mine, a regular staple at a local restaurant, Sweet Tomatoes. During the hot summer months, this is a great side to BBQ, sandwiches, or really anything. I was so excited about making this salad, I forgot to photograph it WITH the dressing. OOPS! That’s why I’m not a professional blogger. I’m just a woman with a passion for good food!
Broccoli Bacon Almond Salad
- ½ pound bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 1 small red onion
- ¾ cup raisins (I used craisins)
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used olive oil mayo–also vegan)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Place bacon in a deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Cool and crumble.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and cut the onion into thin bite-sized slices. Combine with the bacon, raisins, and almonds and mix well.
- To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together until smooth. Stir into the salad.
- Let chill before serving, if desired.
Recipe from AllRecipes