Honey + Chicken = Delicious! I am fortunate to live next to a beekeeper and have two additional friends that have hives in their yards. Local honey is such a wonderful treat and inspires me to try new recipes. This recipe is definitely a keeper and wonderful paired with a fresh, green salad.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
1 1/4 pound Chicken breasts
1/3 cup cassava flour (GF) or flour of preference
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup Chicken broth
4-5 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
3/4 teaspoon salt divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoon avocado oil (oil of choice)
Grate garlic with a grater or garlic press.
In a glass bowl add the sauce ingredients (honey, chicken broth, grated garlic, rice wine vinegar, yellow mustard, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon salt). Set aside.
Place chicken on parchment paper and pat dry. Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to your chicken.
In another glass bowl add the cassava flour. Coat the chicken on both sides.
Place your skillet on medium heat and add oil to the pan. Once oil is heated, place chicken in the pan and cook for 2 minutes per side.
Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Place sauce in the pan and scrap up the pieces on the bottom of the pan. Then add chicken back to the pan.
Cook chicken an additional 4 minutes per side. Serve right away!
Recipe adapted from Redsreality.com
Beef Bourguignonne is savory, hearty meal of tender beef with rich flavors. I’ve enjoyed it many times with friends in their homes or in a restaurant but this was my first attempt to make it at home. It was easy to make and even better to eat.
CROCK POT BEEF BOURGUIGNONNE
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
5 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
5 thick bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
5 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 yellow onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
5 garlic cloves, chopped
2 bay leaves
6 fresh thyme sprigs
6 fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
1 lb. white button mushrooms, halved
1 bottle Pinot Noir
1 tbps. beef demi-glace
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Season the beef with salt and pepper, add to the flour and stir to coat evenly. Transfer to a plate, shaking off the excess flour.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until almost smoking. Working in batches, brown the beef on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the bacon, carrots, onions and garlic to the sauté pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker along with the bay leaves, thyme, parsley and mushrooms.
- Off the heat, pour the wine into the sauté pan and set over medium-high heat. Whisk in the demi-glace and bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the pan bottom. Add to the slow cooker, cover and cook until the meat is fork tender, 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Discard the bay leaves.
- Transfer the beef bourguignonne to a platter and serve with steamed potatoes. Serves 10.