Peppermint Mocha is my favorite coffee drink of the year but I rarely order it at Starbucks because it’s loaded with empty calories. After several years of using COFFEE-MATE Peppermint Mocha Sugar Free Coffee Creamer, I decided to try making my own Peppermint Mocha with the help of the internet. This was a great recipe that I’ll make again and again!
The second recipe is for a Pepper Mocha Creamer which is also good, but the first recipe is my favorite. For the creamer, I added a packet of Stevia to my coffee before using the creamer. The creamer is a little strong for my taste, but still good!
SKINNY PEPPERMINT MOCHA
2/3 cup black coffee brewed, medium roast or coffee of choice
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 packet stevia or sweetener of choice (I used 2 packets)
1/8 tsp peppermint extract
Reddiwhip use coconut for dairy free
Cacao bites or sprinkles
- Brew coffee, I used leftover coffee that I stored overnight in the refrigerator and warmed in the microwave.
- In a small pot, combine milk, cocoa, stevia and peppermint extract.
- Bring to medium heat for 2-3 minutes until cocoa powder dissolves and liquid becomes bubbly.
- Pour into a large coffee cup with the coffee then use a handheld foamer to blend until it becomes frothy and foamy. Add additional toppings as desired and enjoy.
- OR I heated all ingredients together and then poured in a coffee mug and topped with Coconut Reddiwhip. YUMMY!
Recipe slightly adapted from Skinnyfitalicious
Skinny Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp chocolate extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process on high until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer to a glass container and store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks to add to brewed coffee or baked goods.
Recipe from Skinnyfitalicious