Crunchy Potato Casserole is a yummy side dish and family favorite. It has become tradition served with Christmas and Easter ham. I typically make the casserole the day before. Simple to make and bake. To make it easy on myself, I typically make the casserole the day before, cover, and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Many folks refer to this dish as ‘wedding potatoes’, since it is often served as part of wedding feasts.
CRUNCHY POTATO CASSEROLE
1 large bag frozen hash browns partially thawed
1/4 cup butter melted
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
8 ounces sour cream
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 cup butter, melted
crushed corn flakes (or seasoned bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together, except for 1/4 cup butter and crushed corn flakes.
- Place mixture in lightly buttered 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Sprinkle crushed corn flakes (or bread crumbs) over the potato mixture and top with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Bake for 50 minutes (or until hot in the center).