Corn Chile Cheese Pie has been in my recipe file for years without credit to anyone. This weekend I had the ingredients and decided to try it. I especially like the addition or corn meal to give a little texture to the pie. While this recipe indicates no crust, I think it would be wonderful with a crust as well.
I served mine topped with slices of avocado and a side of fresh tomatoes. Yummy for breakfast, lunch, dinner…anytime!
CORN, CHEESE, CHILE PIE
3 large eggs
16 ounce can whole kernel corn (blenderized)
2/3 stick butter
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup sour cream
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 ounces can diced green chiles
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 1/2″ pie plate with butter.
- Beat eggs.
- Add all ingredients and stir.
- Pour into dish and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour. Center will be firm and top will be brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve with sliced avocado and/or tomatoes.