Potato Bacon Chowder is officially a family favorite, shared with me by my sister Carolyn. It’s a quick fix for a weeknight meal and GREAT as leftovers. Need I say more?
POTATO BACON CHOWDER
8 slices bacon (cut in 1 inch pieces)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cups cubed potatoes
1 cup water
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Fry bacon until crisp in a 3 quart saucepan; add onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Pour off fat.
- Add potatoes and water. Bring to boil; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in soup and sour cream; gradually add milk.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley.
- Heat to serving temperature. Do not boil.