Cookies with oatmeal have a wonderful chewiness that I love. This recipe came from the package of Craisins I purchased at Costco. They were a wonderful treat shared with friends and family.
OATMEAL CRAISIN WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (I used quick cooking)
1-1/2 cups flour (I substituted 1/2 of the flour with almond flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups Craisins (Dried Cranberries)
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Adapted from Ocean Spray Oatmeal Craisins White Chocolate Chunk Cookies