My Mother was such a great cook and many of my cherished recipes came from her kitchen. Apple Roll Ups is one of those recipes. They are fantastic served warm but equally good left-over. If you truly want to indulge, you can pour a bit of cream on the top of your Apple Roll.
APPLE ROLL UPS
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
- Boil for 3 minutes. Cool.
- Pour into ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons shortening (I used unsalted butter)
1/2 cup milk
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and shortening and blend well. Add 1/2 up milk and 1 egg. Mix well.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface into a rectangle shape about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
1/2 to 1 cup sugar
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups finely diced apple (I used Granny Smith)
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over rolled out dough. Add chopped apple.
- Roll up carefully and cut into 12 in slices.
- Place in 9×13 inch pan on top of cooled syrup.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.