Dan sent the recipe for these delicious cookies to daughter, Megan, and we loved them! They are chewy and ‘healthy’ or so we told ourselves. It’s wonderful to share our recipes with family and friends! Thanks, Dan!
Dan’s Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 pound margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 oz. walnuts (optional)
- 6 oz. dried cranberries or cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture.
- Drop cookies onto cookie sheets and bake until golden brown.
Recipe shared by Dan Stout, a family favorite