Making pies and cakes from real dirt was part of my childhood. I gave that up years ago, but this Dirt Cake, made by daughter, Megan, was a real treat. A kid of any age loves this cake. Megan made with real whipped cream–delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 (3.5 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding mix)
- 3.5 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed OR 12 ounces freshly whipped cream (1.5 cups heavy cream, 1T. powdered sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla whipped to stiff peaks)
- family size package OREOs
- Chop cookies very find in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping (or whipped cream) together.
- Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
- Layer in 9×13″ dish or use clean flower pots, starting with cookies, then cream mixture. Repeat. Top with layer of crushed cookies.
- Chill until set and ready to serve.
- Optional: Add gummy worms on top for fun!
Recipe from All Recipes