Raspberry Crumble Bars are so delicious and easy. Daughter, Megan, introduced me to this great recipe and it hits the mark with my love of raspberries and a crunchy oatmeal base. For some reason, the childhood saying of ‘yummy, yummy in my tummy’ comes to mind.
Raspberry Crumble Bars
- two 12-ounce bags of frozen raspberries (see notes)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (more depending on tartness of your berries)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- juice of one lemon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups melted butter (I prefer salted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prep Raspberries: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place raspberries in a large colander. Run warm water over them for a minute, and then let the liquid drain out for about an hour until softened and thoroughly drained (see notes). Mix raspberries with sugar, flour, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Soft Delicious Crust: Mix the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, and salt together into a crumble-like mixture. Press two thirds of the crumble into the bottom of a 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Bake: Arrange the raspberry layer on top of the baked bottom layer. Sprinkle with remaining crumble. Bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- Finish: Remove from oven. They will need a little time to set up into “bar” formation, so chill them for a few hours to get them really solid. Orrrr… cut into it right away and eat it like a soft fruit crisp! You should be able to remove them from the pan easily by pulling up on the edges of the parchment paper.
Recipe from PinchofYum