Grilled Steak with fresh peaches, gorgonzola and caramelized onions…oh my gosh. Every bite is a flavor explosion. For those that don’t like Gorgonzola, Goat Cheese would probably be equally as good (maybe with a few chopped pecans?) or just skip the cheese. You’ll love it, too!
Balsamic Steak and Peach Salad
- 1-1/4lbs tri-tip or flank steak, cut into easily grillable pieces (could use any cut of steak, really!)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jumbo or 2 smaller sweet onions, sliced thin
- 2 large ripe peaches, chopped
- 4 oz. gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 9 oz. mixed greens
For the Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and lots of salt and pepper into a large Ziplock bag then squish to mix. Add steak then marinate for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, season lightly with salt, then saute until caramelized and soft, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and turning heat down slightly if onions begin to color too quickly. Stir in remaining 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar then set onions aside to cool – can be done up to a couple days ahead of time.
- Preheat a well-oiled grill over high heat for at least 10 minutes then turn heat down to medium-high. Add steak then grill for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on how thick your steak is, then let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain – can be done 1 day ahead of time.
- For the Honey-Balsamic Vinaigrette: Add ingredients into a blender then blend until smooth.
- Divide lettuce, steak, caramelized onions, peaches, and cheese between bowls then top with vinaigrette and serve.
- Serves 4.
Recipe from IowaGirlEats