What smells more like fall than the roasting of Hatch Chiles? This easy pizza recipe is a real delight with an abundance of flavor. I love the Hatch Green Chile Cheddar Dip from the grocery store or Costco and decided to use it as the base for this yummy pizza. What fun to experiment with new toppings…get creative!
Daughter, Megan, an I made it again the other day and used Stonefire Pizza Crust (or any premade pizza crust). Megan suggested that fresh sweet corn would be a great addition, along with the yummy caramelized onions.
Pizza with Hatch Chiles, Bacon & Caramelized Onion
- Pizza Dough (from your favorite recipe or available in grocery stores)
- Hatch Green Chile Dip (Available at Grocery Stores or Costco)
- Cooked Bacon (4-6 slices) broken into pieces
- One Large Onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roll the pizza dough to your baking pans dimensions. Sprinkle baking pan with cornmeal. Place dough on pan. Use fork to poke holes in pizza dough.
- Prebake pizza dough for 5-6 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add sliced onion. Cook slowly until onions are brown and caramelized.
- Remove pizza dough from oven. Spread with Green Chile Dip. Sprinkle with bacon bits and onions.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes until dough is brown and cooked through.
A suggestion from my good friend, Maribeth, and addition of caramelized onions suggested by my daughter, Megan. We have a winning combination!