Roasted Vegetables are divine and when I saw this recipe, I had to try it! It’s very tasty and the orange flavor was perfect when served immediately. It would be a special side dish for the Thanksgiving table this year! Megan and I were chatting about the recipe and decided next time we will try roasting carrots, onion and fennel. Mix it up!
Note: I saved leftovers for the next day and the goat cheese mixture was very strong with orange flavor. Perhaps a sprinkle of orange zest on the top only, would be enough.
Roasted Radish and Carrot Salad with Orange-Honey Whipped Goat Cheese
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and chopped into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 lb. radishes, trimmed and halved
- 1 small red onion, halved, then thickly sliced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 T. fresh parsley (or 1 T. dried parsley)
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, full fat
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- .1/2 of orange zest
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 T. fresh parsley (or 1-2 tsp. dried parsley)
- 1/4 c. pecans, roasted & chopped
- sprinkle of orange zest
- honey drizzle
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the carrots, radishes, onion, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper and parsley to a sheet pan or roasting pan. Toss to combine then place in the oven and roast for about 35-40 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- While the veggies roast, make the goat cheese. Add the goat cheese, yogurt, thyme, salt, pepper, orange zest and honey to a food processor, Process until smooth.
- When veggies are done, spread the whipped goat cheese onto a plate/platter. Top with the veggies. Garish with parsley, orange zest, pecans and honey drizzle.
Recipe from TikTok: StarInfiniteFood