Beef & Noodles is a delicious comfort food that was a new experience for me. The beef broth was deliciously rich and yummy over mashed potatoes. I grew up on Chicken & Noodles over mashed potatoes, a family favorite. This dinner was shared with my daughters and we all agreed, Chicken & Noodles is still our favorite although we enjoyed this dish immensely.
Beef & Noodles
- Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 cups of beef stock
- 32 oz. frozen egg noodles
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for searing and sautéing.
- Season chuck roast liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add oil (I used Avocado Oil) to pan and sear roast on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add additional oil and sauté onion until translucent, add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minus (until fragrant). Add roast back to pan and pour 1. 5 cups of beef broth. Turn pan to medium low and cook for 5-6 hours or until chuck roast is tender.
- Remove chuck roast from pot and shred. Skim fat from remaining broth (or run it through a fat separator) then add shredded beef back to pot along with remaining 6.5 cups of beef broth. Once boiling add in the thawed noodles and cook until desired consistency.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.