Brussel Sprouts did not make their way into my kitchen until last year. My early experiences with Brussel Sprouts left me scarred..they were always very bitter and tough. My older daughter, Megan, set out to convert me starting with roasted Brussel Sprout chips. From there I graduated to roasted Brussel Sprouts and NOW, I make Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts.
The tender Brussel Sprouts, purchased at Costco, are delicious roasted and the balsamic vinegar/olive oil glaze allows the sprouts to roast to a luscious golden brown. The final product is a taste bud party!
BALSAMIC ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
3 cups brussels sprouts, washed and sliced in half
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoon olive oil
fresh ground sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the olive oil until the well blended.
- Put the brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil and vinegar mixture over the sprouts and gently toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning once. Sprouts are done when they are lightly browned.