HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY FORK-LORE.COM!
One year ago I launched Fork-Lore.com as a way to share family traditions and new recipes. Little did I know one year ago how much I would enjoy posting and sharing recipes, family stories and photos.
This past year, I learned and solidified my beliefs that:
- It’s hard to remember to photograph food and cooking steps, especially when you’re really into the cooking process (also known as being easily distracted)
- I need a new, fancy schmancy camera so my photographs are more appealing (and I get a new, much-wanted toy)
- Older people CAN blog…come on baby-boomers, get out there!
On a more serious note:
- I truly appreciate the modern conveniences in my kitchen and greatly admire the women that went before me, cooking amazing meals with very few tools.
- Cooking and sharing a meal with those you love, isn’t just about loving to eat. It’s about the joy of sharing the moment and the meal with those close to you.
- Traditions are important. Build upon the traditions in your family and create new ones.
Thank you to all that have followed me this past year and I hope that you will continue to follow and share on my blog. I’d love to hear more about your traditions and memories.
Let us eat cake!