Avocado + Goat Cheese + basil + olive oil + tomato = taste bud explosion!
AVOCADO AND GOAT CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup goat cheese
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
- Slice the baguette and toast the bread.
- Slice and pit the avocado. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon, place in a bowl.
- Mash the avocado and mix in the lime juice and chopped basil.
- Add the goat cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix together,
- Spread the mixture onto the toast.
- Add a basil leaf to each piece of toast and top with a half of a sun gold tomato (or cherry tomato).
Ok, I’m on a Pinterest roll this week. I LOVE this website and used so many ideas from Pinterest for both daughter’s weddings. I noticed several family and friends pinned this Strawberry Bruschetta and I had to try it. It is amazingly simple yet fantastically delicious. I’m made it for parties, assembled and ready to serve. It’s like dessert for an appetizer. It feels soooo right.
It’s summer! Enjoy!
1 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
1 tbsp. sugar
1 French baguette
4 oz. goat cheese
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
¼ cup minced basil leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
Combine the strawberries and sugar in a small bowl; toss to combine. Let the berries sit for about 30 minutes so that they begin to release their juices. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on top of each baguette slice. Top each slice with spoonfuls of the strawberry mixture. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top each slice with the basil leaves and cracked pepper, to taste.