A dear friend introduced me to this dish a few years ago. The asparagus is elegant enough for a nice dinner party yet casual enough for an appetizer or family side dish. People will ‘ooh and aah’ at the presentation and keep coming back for more.
We are coming into fresh asparagus season and a perfect time to try this recipe.
This dish is best served fresh from the oven. Enjoy this favorite dish enjoyed by family and friends.
FANCY SCHMANCY ASPARAGUS
1 pound fresh asparagus
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease large baking sheet.
- Wash and trim fresh asparagus and dry on paper towels.
- Open crescent rolls and separate dough into four squares. On a cutting board, cut dough into strips of about 1/8-1/4″.
- Wrap one strip of dough around each piece of asparagus and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until dough is light brown.
- Serve immediately.