Where have I been with slow roasting my own tomatoes? After discovering two over-ripe black krim tomatoes in my garden, I wanted to make use of these as well as a few roma, green zebra and sungold tomatoes. I found several recipes online but decided to try a combination of recipes.
There is one big problem with this recipe…they are absolutely, overwhelmingly, delicious. While my plan was to roast them for future use…I devoured several as soon as their cooled to the touch. Can’t wait to roast more!
SLOW ROASTED TOMATOES
- Preheat oveN to 225 degrees.
- Place a sheet of greased wax paper (or parchment paper) on cookie sheet.
- Slice large tomatoes into thin slices. Halve roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, lengthwise. Place tomatoes on the baking sheet.
- Place 2-3 unpeeled garlic cloves on the sheet with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt (I used sea salt) and pepper.
- Bake for about 3 hours. When done, the tomatoes will be shriveled and dry. I found the romas took longer and left them in the oven almost an hour longer.
You can use immediately or store in the frig with additional olive oil.