I love sauerkraut and who doesn’t love dumplings? This Pork Chop with Sauerkraut and Dumpling recipe was something I created many years ago, probably when I was in a panic to cook something after a long day at the office. Before kids, I made this recipe a lot but the kids weren’t fond of sauerkraut as children, but as adults they love it!
It was time to give this recipe a whirl again. I enjoyed it thoroughly but daughter Sarah and I both thought we would enjoy just the sauerkraut and dumplings alone just as much as with the pork chops.
PORK CHOPS WITH SAUERKRAUT AND CHEATER DUMPLINGS
4 to 6 pork chops
1 can sauerkraut with caraway seeds (or add your own caraway)
1 tube refrigerated biscuits
- Brown pork chops in large skillet. Salt and pepper.
- Add undrained sauerkraut and additional water to cover pork chops.
- Simmer until pork chops are tender and cooked through.
- Add water to cover pork chops, again and place biscuits on top of sauerkraut.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until biscuits are cooked.