Dump Cake is NOT a low cal dessert but it is easy and delicious. My buddy, Jan, again shared this recipe with me. Somehow this recipe escaped me all these years and I wanted to research it’s origin. Research points to the original Heloise for this recipe, although I couldn’t confirm nor deny this fact.
What I can confirm…this is a decadent pleasure to enjoy ‘once in a blue moon.’
1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie billing (or apple)
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine
1 cup chopped pecans
- Place pie filling and pineapple in 9×13″ cake pan.
- Sprinkle on top 1 box yellow cake mix.
- Slice 1 stick margarine and place over cake mix.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy every bite!
4 thoughts on “DUMP CAKE…decadent and sinfully simple”
Hola! I’ve been reading your weblog for a while now
and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout outt from Atascocita Texas!
Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!
Thanks so much!
Hello! I culd have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of the poost
I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely delighted I found it
and I’ll be book-marking and checking back often!
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope to be back to posting soon!