Dump Cake is NOT a low cal dessert but it is easy and delicious. My buddy, Jan, again shared this recipe with me. Somehow this recipe escaped me all these years and I wanted to research it’s origin. Research points to the original Heloise for this recipe, although I couldn’t confirm nor deny this fact.
What I can confirm…this is a decadent pleasure to enjoy ‘once in a blue moon.’
1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie billing (or apple)
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine
1 cup chopped pecans
- Place pie filling and pineapple in 9×13″ cake pan.
- Sprinkle on top 1 box yellow cake mix.
- Slice 1 stick margarine and place over cake mix.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy every bite!