Our baby shower treats of last Saturday focused on baby-sized treats, including Mini Snickerdoodle Cupcakes. Who doesn’t love a Snickerdoodle cookie…so why not a cupcake? They could easily be adapted to a full-size cupcake without a problem. They are yummy, yummy in the tummy as I will soon say to my first Grandbaby.
MINI SNICKERDOODLE CUPCAKES
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising), sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, plus 1/2 teaspoon for dusting
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk
Makes 98+ mini muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together both flours, baking powder, salt and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combined after each.
- Divide butter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full.
- Bake rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about (10-15 minutes). (Cathy’s Note: Each oven varies greatly with mini cupcakes, so do a test run.)
- Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored up to 2 days at room temperature, or frozen up to 2 months in airtight containers.
- Frost mini cupcakes and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cupcakes are best eaten the day they are frosted. Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
Cupcake recipe adapted from: Martha Stewart
Icing recipe from: Betty Crocker
2 thoughts on “Mini Snickerdoodle Cupcakes”
Yummy. David Hagemann, Tom McCluskey take note, looks delicious to me, Also, Mrsl Joanne McClusky.
They are yummy and would love to hear your feedback if you make them!