My first time to host Bunco and I decided to go with a Mexican themed menu including Chile Pie, peach and tomato salsa with chips, Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles, salad and watermelon. I grew up eating traditional snickerdoodles and this is a great new twist on that recipe. If you’re a chocolate lover, you will enjoy this cookie!
Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cream of tartar
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
2¼ cups all purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bow, beat the butter and sugars together until nice and fluffy.
- Beat in cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cayenne pepper until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Stir in unsweetened cocoa and flour just until combined.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough and use the palm of your hands to form into a ball. Roll the ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with your palm.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.