Guests were coming for lunch on Saturday…what to make for dessert…
The Ghiradelli White Chocolate chips were calling my name. Normally one thinks of White Chocolate with Macadamia nuts but why not pecans. I baked these yummy cookies from the Ghiradelli recipe with delicious pecans. They are slightly addictive so the remaining cookies are in the freezer for a quick dessert another time.
White Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (11 oz. bag) white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Blend in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the white chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets (or lined with parchment). Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Adapted from Ghirardelli Macadamia White Chip Cookies recipe on the back of the Ghirardelli Classic White Chips package