Grilled chicken is a summer favorite. The key is to assure that the chicken is moist and tender. I’ve always wanted to try a yogurt marinade and when I found this recipe, it fit the bill! I marinated the chicken for about 4 hours and it was delicious. Next time I’ll try marinating overnight to see if the flavors are even better.
I served with another new recipe for Mediterranean Edamame Salad (post and recipe on Friday) and loved the combination. The leftover chicken was great afterwards on green salad.
The original recipe called for pounding each piece of chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper, pounding to 1/2 inch thickness. Instead, I cut each chicken breast in half to achieve the same thickness.
YOGURT-MARINATED GRILLED CHICKEN
8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3 lbs.)
2 cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
1/2 large onion, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for grill grate
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon garam masala
2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (2″) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Cut each piece of chicken breast in half to achieve 1/2″ thickness. Place chicken breasts in plastic ziplock bag.
- Puree remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high direct heat. Brush grill grate with oil. Scape excess marinade off chicken; season with salt. Grill until browned and cooked thoroughly, turning once.
- Top with more cilantro and serve.
Compliments of dashrecipes.com
For Mediterranean Edamame Salad recipe, check my blog on Friday, August 2.