Almond Flour is a new experience for me and I love it. I am truly a ‘nut’ job, loving nuts and often acting like one. Using Almond Flour in place of wheat flour was right up my alley. Oldest daughter, Megan, shared this recipe with me since she is also trying to be gluten-free.
I can’t wait to experiment using almond flour in other recipes!
ALMOND FLOUR ZUCCHINI BREAD
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup honey
1 ripe banana
1 cup shredded, unpeeled zucchini (squeeze some of the moisture out)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the wet ingredients in the bowl and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until frothy and fully combined. Add the zucchini and beat again just enough to incorporate.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients with the mixer running, until all of the flour mixture has been incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into 2 mini loaf pans (or use to make muffins).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the middle is set and a toothpick comes out clean.