I was cruising the net for frozen yogurt pops and ran across this yummy recipe for Baileys Poptails. I have a bottle of Baileys in my pantry begging to be used so this was a great solution for a hot summer after dinner treat. I eliminated the coffee from the recipe because I don’t need caffeine at night and just doubled the Baileys to 4 ounces.
Daughter, Megan, suggested that melted chocolate in the milk and cream (and then cooling) would also be a great variation to try next time.
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cups 2% Milk
- 3 tablespoons Instant Coffee (I chose not to add coffee)
- 2 tablespoons Whole Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream (I doubled the Bailey’s Irish Cream to replace the coffee)
- Bring all ingredients (excluding Baileys) to a simmer in a saucepan. Stir, and remove from heat when well combined. Transfer to a container & place in the fridge for about 1 hour or until cool.
- Remove from fridge & mix in the Baileys Irish Cream. Pour poptail mixture into pop molds. Add the stick.
- Freeze overnight.
Recipe adapted from Family Fresh Cooking