Palisade (Colorado) peaches are divine and something our family looks forward to each year. Due to an early freeze, we weren’t sure we could purchase peaches. A local high school band had a fundraiser with peaches and we purchased 3 boxes of the most beautiful peaches.
This recipe for cobbler combines my favorite two fruits, raspberry and peach. My mouth waters just thinking about it. Fresh fruit is the best but I have also made from frozen peaches with great results.
What will I do with the rest of the peaches? Oh, wonderful peach salsa!
PEACH RASPBERRY COBBLER
8 medium sized peaches (about 2 lb. or 4 cups), ripe peeled and sliced
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups raspberries, rinsed and drained
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a shallow 1.5 to 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix together peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle raspberries over the peaches.
- In a food processor or a bowl, mix together flour, 3/4 c. sugar, butter and nutmeg until it has the texture of coarse oatmeal. Crumble over the fruit.
- Bake until bubbling in the center and golden brown on top, about 45 -60 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes. Best served warm with vanilla ice cream.
2 thoughts on “Peach Raspberry Cobbler”