Cranberry relish for the holidays is a tradition. I’ve made cooked and raw cranberry sauce, but the addition of raspberries, is a nice change. Cranberry relish is great with the big meal but also great on a leftover turkey sandwich.
Wishing everyone a wonderful, safe, healthy Thanksgiving in this difficult 2020. Let’s take the time to count our many blessings, thank our medical and essential workers, hug (virtual and real) those we love, help those in need, take care of ourselves, and breathe!
Check out other family Thanksgiving recipes!
RASPBERRY CRANBERRY RELISH
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine ALL ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- After 10 minutes, mash up berries using a potato masher or fork or something to mash up the berries. You can mash up all the berries, some, or none, depending on how chunky you like your cranberry sauce.
- Once mashed cook for 5 more minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool completely.
- Serve Chilled.
- Store in an air tight container up to 5 days.
Recipe by: Sheena at Hot Eats Cool Reads