Snickerdoodles have always been a family favorite. What do you do when you want a Snickerdoodle but too lazy to make individual cookies? You find a Snickerdoodle Bar recipe. I doubled the recipe and made it in a 9 x 13 pan lined with parchment paper. This recipe is easy and uses ingredients that are in most pantries. Another recipe that will be made over and over again.
- 1/2 c. Butter, room temp. (can use Vegan butter)
- 1 Egg room temp.
- 3/4 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. Flour
- 3/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Allow butter and egg to come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
- Add vanilla and egg and stir until fully mixed.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl. Fold into the butter mixture until combined. Evenly spread the batter into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl stir together sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle on top of the cookie batter. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing and cutting into 16 squares.
Recipe from Mylifeafterdairy