Fresh sweet corn, tomatoes, onion, and cucumber tossed with avocado and Feta…OMG it is so good. This salad is a wonderful side dish to grilled fish, chicken or beef but it also can serve as the main event on a hot summer evening.
SUMMER CORN AND VEGETABLE SALAD
4 ears corn, cooked
2 avocados, diced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I use orange & red for a little color)
1/2 an English cucumber, finely diced, skin on
1/3 cup crumbled feta
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
6 tbsp. EVOO
- Cook the corn. I steamed the corn and cut from the cob but the original recipe had a great idea to ‘put in the oven on 350 degrees, and throw the corn in, husks and all. Bake them for 25 minutes, let it cool, and then cut off the very bottom of the corn. You should be able to easily pull off the husks and the silk’.
- Cut off the kernels with a large knife, add to a big bowl.
- Chop the avocados, cherry tomatoes, English cucumber, and red onion, then add to the bowl. Add the feta.
- For the vinaigrette, combine the first 5 ingredients (so the seasonings react with the vinegar), then add the cilantro and the EVOO. Shake it up.
- Gently mix all the salad ingredients together. When ready to serve, add the dressing and stir to combine.
- Optional: Serve on bed of mixed greens.