A few years ago I have a plethora of fresh apricots, more than I could eat. I looked for an apricot sauce recipe and enjoyed the results. I froze much of the sauce and found it to be just as delicious a few weeks later!
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more to taste
- ½ pound apricots, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring sugar, 1/2 cup water, and the apricots to a simmer. Cover and cook until apricots are completely tender, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully transfer apricot mixture and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse until sauce is blended but still slightly chunky. Taste and add more sugar if you like. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or chilled.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 week; keep chilled.
Recipe from MyRecipes