Brie and Blackberries is like a slice of heaven. For my last meal, I would definitely choose Brie and a bowl of berries so this recipe sounded perfect to me! It’s relatively simple to make. Delicious addition to my recipe box!
You’ll notice a glimpse of Fancy Schmancy Asparagus to the right as well. I used 1/2 of the crescent rolls to make the Blackberry Brie Bites and the other half for the Asparagus. Win, win!
BLACKBERRY BRIE BITES
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls (8 oz.)
1 round Brie Cheese (8 oz.)
1/4 cup blackberry jelly or jam
24 fresh blackberries
24 large toothpicks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. Press the seams together and cut into 6 even squares. Press into 24 mini muffin tins.
- Cut the rind off the Brie. Cut into 24 small squares. Place one square into each crescent lined tins. Spoon a small amount of blackberry jelly/jam on top of each cheese square. Fold the tips of the crescent rolls over, if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with a fresh blackberry on a toothpick. Serve immediately.
Makes 24 crescent cups.
Recipe from Inside BruCrew Life
I love a good sandwich and when I spotted the word BRIE, I was sold. I’m a sucker for wonderful cheeses and I decided it was worth the gluten treat to try it. It was a wonderful sandwich although, as always, I wondered what it would be like if I added a nice jam to it. Next time…I’m adding a raspberry jam…mmmm, can’t wait!
GRILLED APPLE AND BRIE SANDWICH
2 slices whole wheat (or whole grain) bread
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and very thinly sliced
1/3 cup thinly sliced brie
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush 1 side of each slice of bread with olive oil. Place 1 slice of bread, olive oil-side down, into skillet. Arrange apple slices evenly over bread.
- Layer with cheese and top with remaining slice of bread, olive oil side up. Cook, until bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Recipe from Colorado Classique Cookbook
Now that I’m MUCH older, I’m feeling a little lazy around the postings so taking it easy for a week or two and celebrating the rest of my birthday month.
Even though I’m feeling lazy, sometimes you want a wonderful appetizer but don’t feel like putting a lot of time into it. Are you with me?
Many years ago a popular appetizer was a brick of cream cheese with jalapeno jelly and it is still a favorite but I like to shake it up a little. I purchased a fantastic jar of Shirley Ann’s Raspberry Chipotle Jalapeno Jam a while back and paired it with slices of Buffalo Mozzarella with crackers and sliced baguette. Yummo! It would be equally wonderful with a fine Brie.
Here’s to a lazy August day!
Brie is truly my favorite cheese or all time. I love it plain, baked in pastry with jam or simply topped with honey or jam. It is a simple, elegant, crowd-pleaser every time.
Happy New Year! Wishing all a wonderful year creating new traditions for your friends and family.