For years I have been hesitant to cook a beef brisket, with trials through the years and tough results. A dear friend always serves a wonderful brisket and shared the recipe with me. It is so simple, yet so moist and tender. I’ve served this multiple times at dinner parties with great results. The sauce is wonderful served on the brisket, especially when using coca cola. Wish I had one cooking now!
- 1/2 pound beef brisket per person
- Spices: kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, mesquite seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke
- can of coca cola or beer
1. Remove excess fat from brisket (leave some for flavoring). Mix spices together and rub on both sides of brisket. Place brisket in pan or in Ziploc bag. Add Worcestershire and liquid smoke. Cover 2/3 of brisket with coca cola or beer and marinade overnight.
2. Cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours on low or in oven at 325 degrees for 6 hours. Cook with marinade. Add liquid if needed.
3. About an hour before the meat is done, remove some of the liquid and heat equal portions of cooking liquid and barbecue sauce. Simmer/reduce for 1 hour.
4. Remove brisket from crock pot or oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes, covered with foil. Slice on the cross-grain and serve with sauce.