Portobello Mushrooms are an adult favorite. I enjoyed button mushrooms and morels growing up but the Portobello Mushroom is my Filet Mignon of mushrooms. They are so hearty and delicious I use them as my entrée. This is just one of many ways to cook them. Experiment with your favorite ingredients!
STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
4 large portobello mushroom caps
Grated/crumbled goat cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse mushroom caps under cold water and pat dry.
- Brush mushroom caps lightly with olive oil, and place on a baking sheet cap side down. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Put crumbled goat cheese in mushroom cap. Top with a handful of baby spinach.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until the mushroom is cooked, cheese has melted, and the spinach is wilted.