Krusteaz’s Double Chocolate Gluten-Free Brownie mix is an absolute favorite of mine, first discovered at Costco many moons ago. It’s delicious and even lovers of gluten will love them.
This mix was the perfect base for a patriot, 4th of July dessert with fresh berries and a cream cheese base. This recipe can easily be cut in half and baked in a round or square pan.
The dessert is best served the day it is made but leftovers brownies can be good for 1-2 days.
PATRIOTIC BROWNIE FRUIT DESSERT
2 packages Double Chocolate Krusteaz gluten-free brownie mix (I bought a large box at Costco) and ingredients stated on the box (water, vegetable oil, egg)
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh red raspberries
1 cup apple jelly
- Make brownies according to package directions and bake in greased jelly roll or sheet pan as directed. Let cool completely.
- Beat together softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread mixture over cooled, baked brownies.
- Top with berries.
- Still jelly until smooth and brush over berries
- Refrigerate dessert until ready to serve.