Juicy, fresh pears are such a treat! For the past few years, I’ve treated myself to Harry and David pears. The grandkids beg for sliced pears like it is candy.
In addition to enjoying the pears by themselves, this Pear Salad is to die for. The combination of blue cheese and candied, or spiced, nuts it wonderful. The dressing is light and a perfect compliment to the salad. My pears are almost gone but I’ll savor every remaining bite!
ROYAL RIVIERA PEAR SALAD
1 head Butter or other lettuce, washed and dried
2 Pears, peeled, cored and sliced (or diced)
2/3 cup blue cheese (if you despise blue cheese–replace with a cheese you like)
2/3 cup candied nuts (I use my homemade spiced pecans)
1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup walnut oil (or canola)
- To create dressing, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Gradually whisk in the walnut oil.
- Gently tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Arrange on four chilled plates.
- Place fans of pear slices on lettuce.
- Crumble blue cheese evenly on top.
- Drizzle dressing generously over the salad.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve at once.
Recipe adapted from HarryandDavid