Lemon Rosemary Chicken is a new favorite recipe. I love rosemary with chicken anyway so I knew this would be a winner! The potatoes also roasted beautifully and complimented the chicken and sauce nicely. I served this dish with my slow cooked green beans.
The leftovers were wonderful resulting in a fabulous chicken, pesto sandwich (see pesto recipe post of 10/19/12).
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3/4 pound potatoes (small red-skinned) or large cubed potatoes
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
1 clove smashed garlic
pinch red pepper flakes
juice of 2 lemons (reserve the squeezed half lemons)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender; 8-12 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place the rosemary leaves, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt on a cutting board. Mash the ingredients until a paste-like mixture. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and olive oil. Coat the chicken breasts in this mixture.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken , cover and cook until browned. Turn the chicken and brown the other side.
- Add the potatoes to the chicken and drizzle with the juice of the 2nd lemon and any remaining paste.
- Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeeze lemon halve to the skillet.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and roast, uncovered until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes.
Adapted from eatyourselfskinny Lemon and Rosemary Chicken
3 thoughts on “Lemon Rosemary Chicken”
Yum – I love lemon & rosemary! Sounds great!
If you try it, let me know what you think! Thanks for your comment!